One of the most current uses of the phones is to watch online videos through YouTube, social networking sites or various broadcast services, which many consider as the first way of entertainment instead of television to diversify the content displayed and viewable at any time without disturbing the continuous ads. As online video playback becomes essential to everyone rather than downloading, have you ever thought about the amount of data your video consumes on a specific resolution? How much is the speed required to play a video at high resolution? Answering these questions is especially important if you are using limited Internet packages for the phone or for home use, which is widespread in our country, which led us to search for an answer to these questions, which we will discuss with you in the following lines.
The volume of data consumed
Before viewing the consumption of Internet data on the different operating accuracy, we must inform you that these numbers are for the average consumption and may increase slightly or slightly less depending on the method of video compression to reduce the quality and number of frames that are displayed every second so keep in mind that these figures are not 100%
- Video playback on low-quality 144p consumes 35 MB / h while 244p resolution consumes 170 MB / h and a 360p resolution consumes 310 MB / h.
- Video playback at SD resolution of any 480p resolution consumes 700 MB / h.
- Video playback on HD resolution or 720p consumes 1 GB / hr. (This may increase if the video works at 60 frames per second)
- Video playback on Full HD or 1080p resolution consumes 1600 MB / h. (This may increase if the video works at 60 frames per second)
- Video playback at 2K or 1440p resolution consumes 3.2 GB / h. (This may increase if the video works at 60 frames per second)
- Video playback at 4K or 2160p resolution consumes 7 GB / hr. (This may increase if the video works at 60 frames per second
The speed required to run each accuracy
- You need an Internet speed of 200 kbps to play a video at 144p.
- You need an internet speed of 400 kbps to play a video at 240p.
- You need an Internet speed of 750 Mbps to play 360p video.
- You need internet speed of 1 Mbps / sec to play a video at 480p resolution.
- You need 2.5 Mbps internet speed to play 720p video.
- You need Internet speed of 4.5Mbps to play 1080p video.
- You need 7 Mbps internet speed to play 1440p video.